Changing our Policy
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit our websites and/or use Acclinate Genetics products/tools.
- For example, we collect information when you enter into an agreement with Acclinate Genetics or #NowIncluded as a customer, create or modify your profile and account, access and use the #NowIncluded Service (including but not limited to when you upload, download, or share information), participate in any interactive features of the #Nowincluded, submit a contact form, participate in a survey, activity or event, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites. You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your Product account preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address), your registration for and attendance at events, your newsletter subscriptions, as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your #Nowincluded Product account profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, information you provide may reveal your gender). We also store information that you upload or provide to the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded (“Content”) in order to provide you with the features and functionality of Acclinate Genetics or #NowIncluded.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Acclinate Genetics or #NowIncluded. When you access or use the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage, Log, and Device Information: We collect information from your use of the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded Service such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, and the referral URL. We monitor user activity in connection with the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded Service and may collect information about the features you use, the Content you upload, download, share, or access while using the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded Service, the Content you access, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded Service.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the #NowIncluded or Acclinate Genetics service for the limited purpose of providing the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded Service and related functionality and services for which Acclinate Genetics has been engaged. The information may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve the #Nowincluded platform or Acclinate Genetics’ Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Acclinate Genetics or #Nowincluded Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information about #Nowincluded or Accliante Genetics and our select partners;
- Process and deliver survey entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with #Nowincluded and Acclinate Genetics Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the #Nowincluded and Acclinate Genetics Service, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the #Nowincluded and Acclinate Genetics Services, and provide content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded services; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- To Vendors, Consultants, and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing or as it relates to a Product feature. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to #Nowincluded and Acclinate Genetics
- In Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party: (a) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) to enforce our agreements and policies; (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded; (d) to protect Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities; (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or (f) as otherwise directed by you.
For Business Transfers:
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You may be notified thereafter via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- As Aggregated and/or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you. If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, or download or access an asset on our website, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event so that they may contact you and offer your discounts or other offerings of their services. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to such sharing when you register to the event or by asking you to scan your attendee badge at a sponsor booth. In these circumstances, your information will be processed in accordance with the sponsors’ privacy statements. If you do not wish for your information to be shared, you may choose to not opt-in to such sharing when signing up as a member. You may also elect to not have your badge scanned when at an event.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded Services offers collaboration features which allow you to share your Content through the #Nowincluded Platform and Acclinate Genetics Services. As a function of the collaborative nature of the Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded, and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with.
Global Data Privacy Protection
Currently, Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded uses model contract clauses as the basis for it’s approach to global data privacy protection and compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC. These contractual clauses provide adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals and as regards the exercise of the corresponding rights.
You may access your Product account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised in any way. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password to us.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your Member/Product account is active or as needed to provide you with the #Nowincluded and/or Accliante Genetics Service. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Acclinate Genetics, Inc will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Acclinate Genetics, Inc will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at email@example.com
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from #Nowincluded or Accliante Genetics by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of #Nowincluded or Acclinate Genetics Services or those about your Member/Product account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Acclinate Genetics and/or #Nowincluded Platform. California Residents. Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with Acclinate Genetics, Inc may choose to opt out of #Nowincluded or Acclinate Genetics’ disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt out at any time after granting approval, email email@example.com Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. In accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may place links on #Nowincluded or Acclinate Genetics, including the #Nowincluded and Acclinate Genetics blog. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our Website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Acclinate Genetics, Inc. We encourage you to review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
Acclinate Genetics and #Nowincluded are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Please note, if you are under the age of 13, you may not use our website, products, or services.
Acclinate Genetics, Inc.
601 Genome Way, Suite 3400
Huntsville, AL 35806
Photo Release Policy
I, Participant, am aware that the Event is presented by Acclinate, dba #NOWINCLUDED, powered by Acclinate and that photos and/or videos will be produced during the Event, which may be published. As a participant I declare as follows: I agree that Acclinate and its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, licensees, successors and assigns (individually and collectively, the “Producers”) may film and photograph me, livestream and record my likeness and voice during the Event and that Producers will be the exclusive owner of all the results, film, photographs, recordings, and proceeds of the Event (“Materials”) with the right to use and license others to use the Materials in all media (whether now known or later developed), throughout the universe, and in perpetuity. This permission includes the exclusive and perpetual right to use my likeness and voice in connection with the public performance, public display, exhibition, sale, transmission, distribution (by any means) and exploitation and any other use of the Event or any work based on the Event in any media form, whether now available or later conceived. It is agreed that no payments, residuals, reuse fees or other compensation shall be made to me or any other party in connection with my attendance and/or participation in the Event or Materials. To the maximum extent permitted by law, I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless and defend Producers, their legal representatives and assigns, and all persons acting under their permission or authority from any and all liability, including but not limited to, any liability for what might be deemed to be misrepresentation or defamation of me, my character, or my person or that of my minor child or children, as applicable, due to any use, modification, distortion or otherwise faulty or altered reproduction of my/my child or children’s voice(s). In consideration for participating in a photograph, video and/or sound recording session during the Event and other valuable consideration, I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Producers and their respective legal representatives and assigns from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Event is being conducted or in transportation to and from said premises. I acknowledge that nothing herein will obligate Producers to use my name, or likeness, the Materials, or any photographic, video, or audio recording of me from the Event. By checking the box below, I confirm that I am a legally competent adult, that I have the legal capacity to enter into this Media Release Agreement (“Release”), and, if applicable, that I am the parent or legally appointed guardian of the minor(s) listed below I have read the above authorization, release and agreement set forth in this Release, along with any attachments, prior to its execution, and I am fully familiar with its contents. This Release shall be binding upon me and/or my minor child(ren), and my/our respective heirs, legal representatives and assigns. In the event that any provision of this Release is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, unenforceable or unconscionable, the remainder of this Release shall remain in full force and shall be unaffected by such finding, and the Parties shall agree upon an effective provision that, insofar as legally possible, most closely reflects the Parties’ intent.
#NOWINCLUDED @ Miles College
#NOWINCLUDED @ Miles College